Monday, March 5, 2012

Tops Illustrations Preview




I'm currently working on a set of illustrations to accompany a collection of wooden tops. The characteristics of each of these toys was considered, from form to spin, each suggesting its own imagery, story and name. The illustrations are informed by the world of science fiction, space exploration, and robots.

Here are some pencil drawings for now. These represent just a few of the illustrations, and they will be inked and digitally colored. More to come!

2 comments:

  1. These already look super cute. I love how you are incorporating science elements--the space man meeting with the deer! Little robotic bird... too cute. Really interested to see these inked and colored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am having a lot of fun with them. I'm glad you could tell what was going on in the illustrations because I showed them to some family and got one of those silent nods. They didn't register the spaceman or the robotic bird, so you have reassured me! I'll probably have pics up of the inked drawings in a couple of days. Then it's off to the land of color!

      Delete